January 2, 2006

New Year, Baby!




Laura was in rare shape on New Years Day and sort of participated in the annual "polar bear" Lobster Dip by running her boots in the Atlantic at high noon.

We missed the noon event by a few minutes but this was the first year that it wasn't my assignment for the newspaper. Speaking of which, it's hard to believe that I will be starting my new job tomorrow.

I will update again soon to let you know whether I make it through the first day.

In the meantime, take a gander at what I did during my week off from work. I repainted the kids playroom in the basement.

That's the before shot, as I started painting. Here's the after shot:

And the second after shot shows the rest of the completed room.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you did'nt jump in the water??????????????? Can't wait to hear about your first day at the new job.

Anonymous said...

The kids must like your handy work!!

Me said...

That picture of Laura is so freaking adorable! Oh, and the basement looks great, too. Way to be productive during your time off...

I hope your first day went well! We were thinking of you today, and missing you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kathleen. Since I don't have an e-mail account yet from work, I have to leave my message this way.

Anonymous said...

It's now many hours after Joanee Twomey made here 180, where's your comment!!
-Ward

Anonymous said...

Yes!!!!! Come, on Randy. Joanne is made a "liberal" comeback-what say you???????